Only 10 days until the APA/AIA in Anaheim, USA! Here are the papers/sessions on Pompeii and associated sites:
Session: 4D: Politics of Archaeology, Friday, January 8, 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
1. Staging excavation at Pompeii (Joanne T. Berry, Swansea University)
Session: 5C: Subcultures in Roman Social Life: Negotiating Non-Elite Identity and Outsider Status, Friday, January 8, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
4. Street Theater in Five Acts: Pompeian Performances of Subcultural Identities (Jeremy Hartnett, Wabash College)
Session: 5H: Baths and the City, Friday, January 8, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
3. Campanian Baths: Indigenizing Inspiration in the Form and Function of Public Baths (Tanya Henderson, University of Alberta)
Session: 6B: Pompeii, Friday, January 8, 2:45 PM - 5:15 PM
1. Dialogues of Graffiti in the House of Maius Castricius (Rebecca R. Benefiel, Washington and Lee University)
2. Pompeii’s Water Supply: A Reappraisal Suggested by New Geochemical Analyses of Sinter Deposits (Duncan Keenan-Jones, Macquarie University, John Hellstrom, University of Melbourne, and Russell Drysdale, Newcastle University)
3. How the Alexander Mosaic was Used (Martin Beckmann, University of Western Ontario)
4. Dine and Dash: Zooarchaeological Comparisons among Households in Pompeii (Michael MacKinnon, University of Winnipeg)
5. Re-contextualizing the Naples Philosophers Mosaic (Tamara Durn, Cleveland Museum of Art/Case Western Reserve University)
Let me know if I've missed any.
Now, I feel that the AIA is a good excuse for another Blogging Pompeii Social Event! I suggest that we meet after the 'Pompeii' session on Friday afternoon, and retire to the closest bar for an hour or two. (This is not restricted to Blogging Pompeii contributors - anyone who wants to come and talk Pompeii is welcome). So, who's game?